Scott Brownell

Default Scraper?? I don't need to BUY no stinkin' scraper

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 05:49:01 GMT, "Groggy"
wrote:

Let me clarify my post, I was referring to Dave specifically because of the
volume of posting he does. That many questions should demand some
forethought, if only as a simple act of consideration to the group.

There actually may be lurkers that may have the same questions that
Dave posts. Not to mention people who actually DAGS before asking and
are looking for the answer to one of BAD's "stupid" questions. By
posting it , Dave is actually creating a one-man archive.

If he posts too much, big deal. Learn to filter, or simply ignore
him. It's not like he changes his headers or attempts to disguise his
posts. He dosen't post binaries, so each post is what? 2k each? Even
if he posts 100 times a day, it's not like he'd even drag down a
modern dial-up over the course of a day.

It takes all kinds to make a world. If we were all the same, things
would get boring in a hurry.

Barry

Barry,

I have no problem with lurkers, most of the time I'm one myself. I do
try to help when I can, don't even mind BAD's questions, I was there, as
we all were, years ago on some of them too. I could really give a rip as
to what he might spend for a tool, if he's happy then I'm glad for him,
he has what he feels he wants/needs. What I DO mind is when he has taken
to lashing out on someone, without call as far as I could see. And this
has not been infrequent. I finally had to place his posts to where I
wouldn't see them unless one of the folks here responded, some of those
I'll read and others I won't. I just wish he would clean up his act and
then I would be more than happy to help him, IF he has done the proper
groundwork.

Two years ago I was looking to buy a new saw for my shop. I really was
looking at the Uni but the 66 was really where I wanted to go, thank god
Moma truck decided she needed a heart replacement, when she did,
instead. I DAGS on every source I could think of, this group being one,
settled on a 52" 64A and have never been happier, it's done what I've
asked and this group was a major part of my choice, the opinions on it
were invaluable. Runs a WWII full kerf, Freud SD-508 real sweet, even my
cheapass Sears molding head; ok you folks that want to go into "panic"
mode here..just take a breather..promise not to not make you run one
too. LOL! So when someone says "Do a DAGS" I am in total agreement. To
do/feel anything less and then I would have to place myself those
idicators that can't even teach our kids today..my kids are more than
well into their 30's and hope they learned better, so don't hit the old
fart too hard. :-)

Scott
up later, the damage remains.