Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bob the Tomato Bob the Tomato is offline

Default ShopSmith - IMG_1237.JPG (0/1)

Sorry, came in late.

There is a Yahoo group on restoring Shopsmith 10E's and 10ER's. They
are somewhat collectible and really neat old machines. Even if this
one is not worth saving, it has a number of accessories that are. (It
looks like you might need some new rails, but I've seen worse machines
restored to factory-new.) A bead blasting would really uncover it.

I am working on restoring the rusty one I inherited from my dad and
granddad. It's been in the family 3 generations and still works fine,
but isn't very pretty. For a look at a restored unit:
http://mkctools.com/10er48843.htm

If you have not scrapped it, give a shout on the Yahoo Group
"SS10ERusers". Someone will be over to pick it up in about 20
seconds. :-)

Bob

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:47:23 -0500, bumhead
wrote:

ShopSmith Model 10E given to me. In terrible shape.
Don't know if it is worth restoring.

George (aka Bumhead)