Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Enlarge a hole in studs

On Oct 14, 2:41*pm, Joe wrote:
On Oct 14, 7:20*am, "Doug Brown" wrote:

snip
Or our friends at Lee Valley have this:http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,180,42316

That is one nifty tool. It's on my shopping list so I can get rid of
the box of plywood pieces that have accumulated from prior mistake
corrections. Thanks, Doug.

Joe

Joe:

Read the description carefully.

"...mandrel is threaded to accept saws with 1/2" and 5/8" diameter
mounting holes."

You'll need hole saws with 2 different sized mounting holes to use the
Oops Arbor.

In other words, your "mistake size" hole saw will need a 1/2" mounting
hole while your "fixed it size" hole saw will need to be 3/8".

You'll get rid of the plywood pieces, but may have to add a bunch of
duplicate OD hole saws.

I'd stick with the plywood if it works for you.