Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Generator wiring options

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wow! Seven galons. My little Coleman has a one gal tank. For
winter power cuts, I run it for an hour or so in the evening
to run the furnace. It has been a while, but I don't think I
ever totally fill the one galon tank. Use oil lamps and
flash lights for light.

My PowerBoss has 5,500 running watts and 7,350 peak. I think tank is 7
gal but I've never run more than a tank in one day. Last time I used it
was last week. I had a furnace check scheduled and power went out 4
hours before furnace guy was to arrive, so I turned on generator when he
called and said he was on his way. He had no problem checking out
furnace and there was power to the furnace room light so he could see
well. Power came back about 2 hours after he left.

It's unfortunate the degradation in our power grid. We live in an area
with a lot of trees and power company does not trim enough. After 11
outages one year lasting up to 3 days, I bought generator.