Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.[_2_] Walter R.[_2_] is offline

Default Paint anodized aluminum?

Thanks, Robb, that probably what I need.

Did you do any prep work, like priming?

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"robb" wrote in message
m...

"Walter R." wrote in message
My sliding patio door screens are unsightly and would probably

benefit from
a coat of paint. The frames are made of almost-black-bronze

anodized
aluminum. They are not damaged except for some scratches and

unsightly
discolorations after 25 years of use and exposure.

I will be replacing the screening material after I have painted

the frames.

Can I use canned spray paint (black is OK) to paint anodized

aluminum? Any
better suggestions?

Thanks
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Just refinished a sliding screen door frame with a similar
problem and screen rot.
It had dark Brown/Bronze annodized finish with some finish
problems.

I used a spray paint product (? name can't remember?) from ACE
that was practically a match for the finish.

I do not see it on ACE's web site but it was a spray paint that
said something like dark bronze annodized aluminum finish. It
was meant to touch up those outdoor products that have that dark
brown annodized finish {eg. lamp posts, walkway lights, screen
frames, etc }

It worked well and had an almost plastic/teflon feel to it when
it dried.

hth
robb