Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Enlarge a hole in studs

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 13, 10:28 pm, dpb wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:

I have a series of 2x6 studs that I have drilled two inches holes to pass
PVC pipes across. ....
... and use the circular wood plug from the cut and insert that into
the 2" hole, and use that to make the 2.5" hole. May be there is a better
way?

I'd probably just hog out enough w/ the sawzall to get 'em thru and go on.

Sounds more like amputation than surgery. =:O

Yeppers...it's only a hole to get a piece of pipe thru that will be
covered up anyway. No sense in making a monumental effort here; spend
the time and effort where it'll make a noticeable (and useful) difference.