Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Contractor hit a wire while nailing up moulding in kitchen

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Shaffer wrote:
Had a guy come in to help put up wood moulding in the kitchen. Must

have
hit a wire becaue it blew a breaker.
He pulled the nail out (small nail) and hammered it in elsewhere.

Flipped
the breaker back on. Said don't worry about it.

Now I lie awake at night fearing its a fire hazard.

Is it?

Hi,
Did the nail look clean, no serious sign of burn or spark?

First off the nail made electrical contact between the hot conductor and the
neutral or some sort of ground. We know this because the breaker blew.

There is no easy way to determine the damage to the conductor with out
inspecting it, and a very great risk of fire for not inspecting for damage.

A no brainer. Fix it.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.