Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Problem with well not delivering water

On Oct 13, 6:49*pm, gwandsh wrote:
On Oct 12, 3:10*pm, gwandsh wrote:

snip

gone to zero in our system - at least a reason associated with the
well failure. *Sounds like the two events need to be researched
separately. *As for the valve that prevents the water from flowing bck
from the pressure tank to the well - is that something I can access
and check myself? 'Fraid I have no clue about that unless it is
integrated into the pressure tank?

The normal checkvalve in a submersible is integrated with the pump.
Some systems are installed with a second one above ground. Unless the
pump one has failed I have never understood the rationale of
installing a second one. In your case, look for a fitting in the pipe
(it will be a bit larger than the pipe) that has only the inlet/outlet
and no other connections.

In any case, it would not be the cause of the pump not delivering
water, only not holding pressure when the pump shuts off.

Harry K