Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Enlarge a hole in studs

Ahhh good idea! Thanks!

"nefletch" wrote in message
news
how about cutting a @ 2 1/2 inch in a piece of 2x4 and
screwing that over the center of the 2 inch hole, and using
the 2 1/2 inch hole as a guide..

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have a series of 2x6 studs that I have drilled two inches holes to pass
PVC pipes across. However I did not realize a 2" hole saw does not make a
hole large enough for a 2" pipe because the 2" is nominal and not outer
diameter.

Now I need to enlarge the hole by about 1/2". My hole saw is not deep
enough to cut a 2x, so previously I cut from both ends and made the cut.
Now that the middle is hollow how can I make a 2.5" hole from a 2" hole?

One solution I think that may work, is to find another piece of 2x and
cut a 2" hole, and use the circular wood plug from the cut and insert
that into the 2" hole, and use that to make the 2.5" hole. May be there
is a better way?

MC