Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default OT ? Foul odor emanating from my car air conditioner

on 10/10/2009 3:22 PM (ET) Walter R. wrote the following:
From all your comments, it looks like the evaporator drain pipe is the
culprit.

Trouble is I cannot find the darned pipe, for love or money. It does not
even show up on the car manual.

Any clues anyone can share for finding the drain pipe?

Thanks, again

You might be better off looking for it in the passenger compartment.
Look for a rubber tube passing from the heater ductwork to the firewall.
It may be obvious or may be hidden behind the ductwork. In my Nissan PU,
it is just to the right of the center hump, and I can remove it from the
inside without going under the hood.

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683