Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default Bedroom Arts & Crafts Towers Finished

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:16:46 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

I posted the finished bedroom towers on a.b.p.w.
362 seperate pieces of wood including 136 floating tennons.

Nicely done! Can I assume most if not all of those floating tenons
were Domino cut and installed? If so, I was wondering how strong a
joint you get on a 90? joint with 3/4" plywood? I'm asking about
pulling the joints apart, not flexing the 90? join to break the
tenons.

After all, you're cutting a mortise for a floating tenon that's less
than 3/4" deep. Obviously, you don't want to blast through the
plywood. I think I read it was something like 9/16" deep. Have you
done any personal testing in this area?