Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Options to finish wall and ceiling in garage

theedudenator wrote:
So I am set on standard 1/2" drywall for the entire garage.

Improving the ventilation is to correct the condensation issues.
Water is for a sink and brewing beer (there is an existing drain the
garage floor - looks like an old toliet drain (from the 1940's)
Heater is to heat the garage - while I brew beer or keep wife's car
toasty
Wood burner is to boil water
Attic is for storing X-mas crap
Attic has a window
Attic has proper ridge vent (new roof)
Attic has old improper soffit vents (from 1940's)
Attic has a pull down stairs for access
Attic has no floor!
Garage is 75 feet away from house - separated by driveway.

5/8 fire rated drywall is required if there is habitable area above a
garage.

Fix the soffit vents somehow or other. Ridge vent won't do much if there
is no way for air to get into the attic.

--
aem sends...