Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Contractor hit a wire while nailing up moulding in kitchen

"Shaffer" wrote in message
Had a guy come in to help put up wood moulding in the kitchen. Must have
hit a wire becaue it blew a breaker.
He pulled the nail out (small nail) and hammered it in elsewhere. Flipped
the breaker back on. Said don't worry about it.

Now I lie awake at night fearing its a fire hazard.

Is it?

It's your life, what do you think? If it was me, I'd have a small section
removed and be 100% sure. And I'd call the contractor back and ask if he
would do it. He obviously isn't very good, or he would have fixed his own
mistake already.

Steve