Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Contractor hit a wire while nailing up moulding in kitchen

On Oct 13, 10:16*am, "Tom G" wrote:
"Master Betty" wrote in message

... BTW: ....get an electrician to fix it.

I read Christopher Young's post and got nervous. :-)

And I would assume that a good electrician could just run a new wire from
the attic down the wall to the outlet or whatever, disconnecting the old
wire. *A lot neater than the messy job of opening the wall and repatching.

Tom G.

"And I would assume that a good electrician could just run a new
wire "

Of course, that's *after* assuming that the wire in question is
nothing more than a point to point run, with access to both endpoints.

In a house that old, with "upgrades" that may not have used best
practices, that wire could run between 2 concealed junction boxes or
whatever.

We can already assume that things weren't done to code since the wire
is assumed to have been too close to the surface, so who knows what
else was done "wrong".