Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Generator wiring options

HeyBub wrote:
bob haller wrote:
*You could do something like this company offers:
http://www.interlockkit.com/index.htm
Yep. $150 for a 6x6 inch bit of sheet metal with a couple of holes.

My view is: If the power company wants their linemen protected from
backfeed, they should provide the interlocks.- Hide quoted text -

backfeeds are illegal, linemen have died, and the illegal connection
proscuted.

but truly is saving a few bucks worth risking lives?

Certainly. Chances are, if a lineman IS killed, you didn't know him. So, ask
yourself the next time you're standing in the long line at the movie or
restaurant....

Do you really have no disregard for human life?

My guess is that you are a bored housewife who posts lots of nonsense
looking for attention...