Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default bathroom fan not responding to a switch

wrote:
On Oct 12, 10:09 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Oct 11, 7:01 pm, "
wrote:

Thanks everybody for the help with my flex conduit issues. The piece
of string to measure the flex worked great. I have no idea what kind
of connectors I used...some homedept special emt?-rigid "squeeze"
connector and then a squeeze connector into the junction box. Worked
great.

http://www.homedepot.com/Bath-Bath-F...r5Zaq7gZ1z136d...

Now I've wired everything back up and only have one problem...the fan
I just installed wont turn off. It runs just fine...any ideas why the
switch for it wouldn't work?

thanks

I'd be concerned that if you wired the switch wrong, maybe you wired
something else wrong too and the case could be hot, etc.

I'd be *really* careful when I started troubleshooting.

Keep one hand in your pocket.

I'd also respectfully suggest that someone that doesn't have the basic
skills to figure out why a switch doesn't turn off the fan should not
be screwing around doing this job. You should have a sufficient
grasp of the basics before attempting any job. Without sufficient
skills, who knows what other unsafe conditions may have been created.

I'll add a respectful amen to that thought.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)