Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Generator wiring options

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:37:57 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Years ago, I studied the various catalogs, and did some
division on their numbers. I came up with a galon of gas
provides 4,000 watts for one hour. Think that's what I ended
up.

As such, plan to feed your generator a galon an hour.

In real life you don't run things at full load. My 5500watts Briggs
and Stratton with a 7 gallon lasts 13 hours at 1/2 load. [and in
practice that seems to be about what it gets.]

The Honda should do better as it regulates engine speed.

Jim