Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike rock Mike rock is offline

Default bathroom fan not responding to a switch

On Oct 12, 8:22*am, aemeijers wrote:
Mike rock wrote:
On Oct 11, 7:01 pm, "
wrote:
Thanks everybody for the help with my flex conduit issues. *The piece
of string to measure the flex worked great. I have no idea what kind
of connectors I used...some homedept special emt?-rigid "squeeze"
connector and then a squeeze connector into the junction box. *Worked
great.

http://www.homedepot.com/Bath-Bath-F...r5Zaq7gZ1z136d....

Now I've wired everything back up and only have one problem...the fan
I just installed wont turn off. *It runs just fine...any ideas why the
switch for it wouldn't work?

thanks

Take off the trim cover of the fan, make sure the fan motor is plugged
in. The fan units inside have a detachable power cord that plugs into
an outlet.

Uh, it won't turn OFF, not it won't turn ON. I think he accidentally
hardwired it when he had the connections apart.
--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Soory, misread the post.