Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KR[_3_] KR[_3_] is offline

Default Cannot touch bottom left of 4-wire touch screen

On Oct 12, 11:37 am, ChaseAdam wrote:
Symptom: When moving up and down the left side of touchscreen, it
inputs an arch running from the top left to the middle bottom.

I have an old Psion netbook with a four wire touchscreen which I
cannot touch the bottom left. I have done research on the problem and
I guess I am very confused as to why it presents and arch instead of
either working/not working for a particular axis. It seems to
"progressively" fail as I move down the left side.

Does anyone know what is going on electrically? What could cause this?
Any hope of fixing it?

Thanks,
Adam

Probably the touch screen itself. I had a similar problem with a 17"
unit.

Unfortunately it was the glass touch panel.

In the past I have repaired the traces on 2 touch screens, where there
was a chip in the glass edge - (damaging a conductive trace on the
edge) by using a silver dispenser pen. These pens aren't cheap, but
are great for dispensing liquid conductive tracks for such repairs.