Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
HiNRG61 HiNRG61 is offline

Default Opinions on Nova DVR XP

On Oct 11, 10:37*am, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article
,

*Bill wrote:
On Oct 10, 7:50*am, HiNRG61 wrote:

I appreciate the modular design approach which allows me to upgrade to
the DVR head should I ever want/need to.

Do you know for sure that this is an option? I've looked all over the
Teknatool website and the forum they used to have and find no mention
of them offering to sell the DVR head by itself. I would probably
spring for it if the price were at all reasonable.

Bill

You have to contact Tim Geist (or your national distributor)

I wasn't sure how to go about upgrading to DVR head, only that
Woodturner's Supply Catalog mentioned that option as one of the
selling points of the 1624/44.

I'm assuming that the DVR lathe and the 1624 share a common bed, banjo
and perhaps tailstock. (That would certainly streamline the
manufacturing process.) And since any part can be ordered separately
as a replacement in case of wear or breakage, then as long as either
headstock fits the bed they should be interchangeable.

Kurt