Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino lsmartino is offline

Default Cannot touch bottom left of 4-wire touch screen

On 11 oct, 21:37, ChaseAdam wrote:
Symptom: When moving up and down the left side of touchscreen, it
inputs an arch running from the top left to the middle bottom.

I have an old Psion netbook with a four wire touchscreen which I
cannot touch the bottom left. I have done research on the problem and
I guess I am very confused as to why it presents and arch instead of
either working/not working for a particular axis. It seems to
"progressively" fail as I move down the left side.

Does anyone know what is going on electrically? What could cause this?
Any hope of fixing it?

Thanks,
Adam

Probably one of the touchscreen four wires is disconnected. That itīs
easy to check using a DMM. The problem is to locate where the fault is
located... if in the touchscreen itself or in the flex cable which
goes from the touchscreen to itīs controller.

Normally the failure is in the touchscreen itself, and that means
replacing it.