Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default SketchUp Workbench3

Leon wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

Snip

You're on your way, Bill ... helluva tool for the woodworker. Leon and I
have had the opportunity to work together and in doing that, have both
become big fans of SU for our projects and we routinely trade tips and
tricks.

Speaking of which, several months ago, probably last year you showed me how
to produce a mirror image using the scale tool and entering in a "-1" for
the scale after grabbing the middle spots and pulling in the dirrection.

I discovered or rediscovered the "flip along" for the red, blue, or green
axis to make a mirror image. Works "just like that". Were you aware of
that or were you the one that told me about it? LOL

I'm aware of that one, but damn if I know how I know!

We were both remarking recently how hard it is to go into the shop on a
new project without first doing a detailed model using SketchUp ... we
find it that valuable to maximize both materials and time.

I finally gave up on making "2" knobs for the tower upper doors and coughed
up the 83 cents each at Woodcraft. Now I have to draw them to place them on
the drawing for the perfect placement. :~)

Well, duh!! The project simply would NOT be finished unless the SketchUp
model is EXACTLY "as built"!! g

Did the same when I built my side board prototype ... had to draw the
Rockler A&C reproduction hardware I bought and put them in the model to
make all right with the world!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08