Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default SketchUp Workbench3

"Bill" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
2 pdf files attaches.

There you go ... besides now having a 3d model upon which to base your
project, and present it if necessary, you have learned something about
design in the process by having to think about "design", and, by having
already put the various parts together, you've learned how to best
"execute" that design when you go into the shop.

www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Karl, You are absolutely right! In this case, I got "close enough" to my
design
to realize I need to keep thinking about it (and it's application).
As you suggest, it's practically like I already built it. And, as you
also suggested,
a lot of the right questions were brought up in the process. I'm sold!
: )

Bill

My bedroom towers that I have been posting pictures of were the same. All
the problems were solved on the drawing before cutting wood. There were in
excess of 200 pieces for those towers and there was no having to figuring
out how to correct a mistake in the shop.

Now for something that I have never done before, I properly assigned
materials to each of the 200+ components and imported them into Cutlist Plus
to tell me how to get what I needed out of my lumber. I had no dimensions
on the drawings so to speak and only occasionally put in a dimension to
double check when shaping each piece. Almost with out exception each solid
stock piece had a slot/mortise or a tennnon.