Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default SketchUp Workbench3

Bill wrote:

The program IS great--fun too! I made a room with a tinted window and a
door, hung
a painting of George Washington inside and you could his see his picture
looking through
the window from outside. I deleted it, but honest I modeled it! No
kidding! : )

LOL .... built some owl nesting boxes for a neighbor a year or so ago.
Prior to doing that I made a SU model and showed it to my 85 year old
father, but first put a model couch inside that you couldn't see until
you perched on the opening like an owl would do, and "looked" down into
the nesting area.

Dad got a kick out of that ...

You're on your way, Bill ... helluva tool for the woodworker. Leon and I
have had the opportunity to work together and in doing that, have both
become big fans of SU for our projects and we routinely trade tips and
tricks.

We were both remarking recently how hard it is to go into the shop on a
new project without first doing a detailed model using SketchUp ... we
find it that valuable to maximize both materials and time.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08