Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default SketchUp Workbench3

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"Bill" wrote in message
2 pdf files attaches.

Thanks,
Bill

3

Very good! I see components. Did you do the shelf like this (see
attached)?

No Leon, I did things in a more laborious manner, of course! Thank you for
the lesson!
I'll try your way my next go-round--as you know, it doesn't take very long
once you know
what you want to do!

The program IS great--fun too! I made a room with a tinted window and a
door, hung
a painting of George Washington inside and you could his see his picture
looking through
the window from outside. I deleted it, but honest I modeled it! No
kidding! : )

Of course, my thought is to perhaps use the program as a tool for interior
and exterior design.
My wife and I recently moved into a house that still looks like we haven't
totally moved into it yet.

Thanks,
Bill

I drew a 3/8 x 3/4 rectanggle on the back edge of the side, and pushed it
the desired length to form the dado. Made the side into a component,
copied it to form another side and used flip along on the copied side to
make the second side a mirror image.

Drew a rectangle inside the 2 dados on both sides and them pushed the
rectangle the length of the dado and made it a component.

Thee pulled the parts apart.

The program is great, ain't it. ;!)

I am an old AutoCAD user is it often shocks me that Sketchup needs so few
tools and commands to accomplish so much.