Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - WARNING - do NOT open if you can't take a joke AND are ideologically anal ...

wrote:

On Oct 11, 12:46Â*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Just shows how stupid Hitler was. The Swedes don't have anything to do
with the Nobel Peace Prize.

Uhhh.... you did realize that wasn't Hitler. right?

Uhh, you did realize that was a parody, right? Satire? Humor, you know,
as in making fun of a political figure? The other side did it for the past
8 years and everyone thought it was uproariously funny, now the shoe is on
the other foot and this one truly has legs.

I was beginning to think I needed to get my hearing checked. Hearing
Friday morning, "Obama won the Nobel Peace prize" my first thought was The
Onion, the next though was, "I didn't just hear that". Nominated 11 days
after being inaugurated? I mean, I really feel sorry for parody sites and
comedians. You can't make stuff up that is any funnier than this -- the
jokes are writing themselves.

Hopefully you realized it wasn't even remotely close to anything
resembling a translation...

Wow....

Yeah, unless your diatribe as also satirical -- wow.

Robert

Rob Leatham