Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Options to finish wall and ceiling in garage

On Oct 10, 2:45�pm, theedudenator wrote:
I have a 2-1/2 car garage built in the 1940's
It is all brick and heavy wood, insulation and paneling.
The attic is a walk-in type and is also insulated.

The wiring is also 1940's...

This winter I plan on starting from scratch on the wiring, and rip out
the paneling.

I think due to the location and build of the garage it is prone to
sweating in the spring and summer.
I will add some ventilation and a heater (working on now)

I am a bit leary of drywall due to the moisture. �Any other cost
effective options to finish the ceiling and walls after I am done with
the wiring?

Thanks

Do you like the looks of pole barn siding? I put up the metal siding
that is used for pole barns on the walls and ceiling. You can get it
in different colors, it is ordered within an inch of the length you
need and I didn't have to tape any joints, nor paint. Install and
you're done and it can be washed off easily.

Hank