Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair

Default Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

krw wrote:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:52:36 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 18:04:29 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 13:30:57 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Archimedes' Lever wrote:
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:33:42 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Filter capacitors and inductors too. It's not uncommon for switching
power supplies to be above 1MHz, also to keep the size of components
(and costs) small.

...and transformers get *very* big at DC.
I want a citation that switchers are commonly running at and above
1MHz.

NONE of ours did.
I've never seen a switching power supply that ran at 1Mhz.
They're really not uncommon today. LTC has a pile of 'em. Hint:
ignore DimBulb. You won't learn anything from him. He's AlwaysWrong
and dumber than even you are.
My statement still stands. I've never seen a switching regulator
that ran at 1Mhz. Just because the chip is capable of 1Mhz does
not mean that that is the switching speed of the regulator.
Idiot. That is the switching speed of the regulator.

Most
of the design engineers I'm familiar with tend to be conservative.
They don't have a choice, darling dufus. The regulator switches at
2.25MHz, whether they're conservative or commie.

Your opinion is not that important. Opinions are like tailpipes,
everyone has one, except for those like you who have theirs transposed
with their induction system. FLNF
My opinion may not be important to you, but my facts are at least
facts. I do this stuff for a living, you? Clean septic systems?
...with a mop?

Oh my God, a professional actinic sphincter.

What you have your mop out? Looking for work?

I was wrong, you and DimBulb are made for each other.

Kid, I can guarantee that if you and I entered the same industrial
site, I would be able to handle more of the systems than you could.
Don't get too arrogant, unless you're Superman. FLNF

TDD