Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Options to finish wall and ceiling in garage

On Oct 10, 1:45*pm, theedudenator wrote:
I have a 2-1/2 car garage built in the 1940's
It is all brick and heavy wood, insulation and paneling.
The attic is a walk-in type and is also insulated.

The wiring is also 1940's...

This winter I plan on starting from scratch on the wiring, and rip out
the paneling.

I think due to the location and build of the garage it is prone to
sweating in the spring and summer.
I will add some ventilation and a heater (working on now)

I am a bit leary of drywall due to the moisture. *Any other cost
effective options to finish the ceiling and walls after I am done with
the wiring?

Thanks

Where is the moisture coming from to cause the sweating?