Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:39:47 +0100, Stuart wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Have you had any experience with high frequency AC power systems?
I've come across 400hz AC power in some old computer installations
and seen a lot of military surplus aircraft power equipment that
used 400hz AC power. My assumption has always been that higher the
frequency, the smaller the mass of the transformers not only making
equipment smaller but lighter.

Very common (standard?) in aircraft.

Yes, silly. 400Hz is still the standard for aviation.

Use some sense. Why would they *downgrade* to a heavier system with
zero co-compatibility?