Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
HiNRG61 HiNRG61 is offline

Default Opinions on Nova DVR XP

I can't speak for the DVR but I've had my Nova 1624/44 since June
(having upsized from a Delta midi - very similar to your Jet) and it's
a very well built machine. Got mine from Woodturner's Supply in Utah
and it came with the extension bed and a Nova chuck for free, as well
as being on sale.

I appreciate the modular design approach which allows me to upgrade to
the DVR head should I ever want/need to.

The stock legs seem to be adequate, but I haven't really challenged
them too much yet. I wore the bearings out on my little Delta by
turning oversized/unbalanced loads. (one of the reasons I purchased
the Nova)

I'm sure you'll enjoy the DVR. Happy turning!

Kurt