Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Opinions on Nova DVR XP

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 18:35:28 -0400, Russ Stanton wrote:

Nased on the current feedback and the previous string of posts in March
I put in an order at the local Woodcraft (Greenville SC) and should have
it in about 2weeks. I also ordered the cast iron stand and the outboard
tool rest. It would appear from pictures of the lathe that I could pivot
the head and then be able to sit on a stool while turning. If this works
it will be great since I have low back issues if I stand for too long.

I was going to suggest that you get the cast iron legs - you made the
right decision. And yes, the head does swivel. But note that if you do
that with a heavy piece, especially one that's out of balance, you're
putting all the load to one side of the stand - may somewhat increase
vibration and stability. With most turning that won't be a problem.