Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Sketchup Question

wrote:
On Oct 9, 11:36 am, Steve Turner
wrote:
Interesting; you and I both have two posts only seconds apart to the
same server (eternal-september.org), and the NNTP-Posting-Date in the
headers reflect this:

mine: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:17:53 +0000 (UTC)
yours: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:17:04 +0000 (UTC)

Yet the dates displayed by my newsreader (Thunderbird) a

mine: 11:17am
yours: 12:16pm

On Google: Jack's: 12:16PM
Yours" 11:36AM !!!

You're looking at the wrong post. The one in which I made these
comments is stamped 11:36; the one (of mine) to which I was referring is
stamped 11:17. I couldn't really know how mine was going to be stamped
before I sent, could I? :-)

That sounds like your newsreader is set up improperly. Threading
should overrule time stamps.

No. There is no setting in Thunderbird for this kind of stuff, and the
information we're talking about is right there in the message headers.
And threading will only overrule time stamps if I'm looking at the
threaded view. If I sort by timestamp then threading plays no part in
the sort order, and that's where the problem shows up. Recall that I'm
not the only one seeing this problem.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/