Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Rockwell planer, any comments on this beast 13x6

On 2009-10-09, James Waldby wrote:
Since you put it together, and apparently recently, it seems like
you should know better than anyone what you have to take apart
to change the table.

Other parts were disassembled, not the part holding the
table. Electrical etc

Do you have you a manual? There's a pdf copy at
http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/pubdetail.aspx?id=2438
and although the scan is too light it is possible to make
out some of the details of the exploded-parts diagram.
Possibly printing the diagram would help with readability.

This is awesome. Good or bad, it is so much better to have a manual.
The manual also seems to be written by real people, not by Chinese,
and is a delight to read.

That's a cool looking old beast. If it were me though, I wouldn't be
able to resist the temptation to do a complete disassembly, cleanup,
bead-blast, and repainting job. It looks kinda rough... but in a good
sorta way. :-)

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/