Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Smoke detectors for the elderly

A followup to this thread about low frequency sounders in smoke alarms and
this unit:

http://www.firstalert.com/carbon_mon...tem.php?pid=24

One problem I've noticed with the unit I've put in the basement is that it
occasionally interprets the turning on of the fluorescent lights as an IR
pulse that you would send to self-test the unit remotely. Not a big
problem, and one rectified by placing it so that the worklights don't shine
on it directly, but I'd thought I'd mention it. On the plus side, the unit
is loud enough that we can hear it at night in the bedroom upstairs from the
floor below.

--
Bobby G.