Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT tv speakers

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 01:19:46 -0700 (PDT), Owain wrote:

On 6 Oct, 23:21, PeterC wrote:
Just tried a pair of powered PC speakers on the TV. Output is 2 'jacks',
red and black; speaker input is the same but the other end of the lead is
just a small jack for a PC, so I couldn't connect that.

So unless I'm being really fick a phono-phono lead from the poundshop
would connect TV to speakers?

Owain

Yes, but it was only a test to see if there was any real change - and my
nearest shop with such leads is a 2h trip.
It wasn't worth any trouble, as the speakers aren't good ones. I'd like a
2.0 set-up with reasonable speakers (hence amp. and KEF); don't really want
2.1 as I dislike false bass and there's not enough good stuff on TV to
warrant much trouble or expense (now Radio 3...).
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.