Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Painting osb inside garage

On Oct 6, 1:50�pm, stryped wrote:
If I am paintign osb walls, which would be better in a shop/garage,
semi gloss or gloss white. I want to reflect alot of light but still
look good.

If the OSB is already up, go ahead and paint it. Type doesn't matter
because it wil still look like painte OSB.

However, if it is not installed, consider putting up metal. The kind
used on pole barns. They make something they call "liner". It is made
for interior use and costs less than the regular barn siding. If I
remember correctly, they sel it buy the running foot which is 3 feet
wide and costs approx. $1.70-$1.90 per running foot (3 sq. feet) It is
easy to install (they'll cut the length it to the inch), no taping, no
painting, reflects light, easy to clean (just hose it down), easily
replaceable if a sheet gets damaged. Cost effective because it will
increase the value of the building moreso than OSB.

Hank ~~~loves the metal