Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Painting osb inside garage

"stryped" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 10:59 pm, harry k wrote:
On Oct 6, 10:50 am, stryped wrote:

If I am paintign osb walls, which would be better in a shop/garage,
semi gloss or gloss white. I want to reflect alot of light but still
look good.

I used it in a storage room in the basement. Painted with semi
gloss. My experience:

1. It will soak up an amazing amount of paint.

2. some of the chips will loosen and lift edges.

3. It makes an acceptable cover (depending on code) and reflects
light well but 'looks good' is not in its job description.

Harry K

How would drywall look painted before beign put up but not taped or
mudded?

It would look alot better than painted OSB...LOL...But I would atleast tape
the joints and spot the screws....A perfect chance to practice.....No need
to "finish and sand"...It will look fine just taped for a garage....Good
luck....