Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Artist or Engineer

Robatoy wrote:

I can't speak for 'most' woodworkers, but I seldom do anything without
making a drawing first.

Those plan-type of drawings is all I need for countertop pricing as my
program gives lineal inches of edges, square feet of material and they
become a white-board for further instructions as I do the templating
on the actual job-site.

Past few years I've gotten the same way. "Time" is such a big factor
that any of my time spent on drawing/planning generally pays for itself
two or three times over down the road - in cutting back on mistakes,
with scheduling where getting a thing done on "time", means the next guy
up can get his job done, and with waste and as in "... why the hell do
we have all those tubafours/tile/whatever left over?"

Drawings are tools.

Probably the most important tool in the construction process ... in the
final analysis, lack of a detailed drawing/plan will _always_ end up
being the single most expensive item in the project.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08