Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default PVC pipe roof boot

Regarding install costs for a real flashing boot. In RI, I'm getting
$200.00+ installed for a two-story colonial.

wrote in message
On Oct 6, 6:41 pm, tom wrote:
On Oct 6, 1:53 pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 6, 3:59 pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Frank wrote:

$50-60 for the Kozy Kollar seems a little pricey too.
I don't like the big hole either. Also working in my main
unfinished
attic is no picnic.

*I* wouldn't pay $50. but if I was not inclined to do the job
myself,
and a guy who I was paying $25-100 /hr wanted to use one & he was
going to guarantee no leaks for say a year--- then I'd think it was
bargain.

A year? What consolation is that when everything else on your roof has
a minimum of 20/30 years?

The thing is made for two types of people:
people that are afraid of heights
people that don't mind cutting corners

You can't fight water and win if you don't respect it. It wants to
flow downhill, let it. Don't put a dam in its way and expect water
not to get ****ed off.

Absolutely right. A thing is conventional because it works. Any
deviation is at your own risk. Tom

Well said. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for a new expensive
widget when the existing solution is cheap and proven.