Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PVC pipe roof boot

On Oct 6, 6:41*pm, tom wrote:
On Oct 6, 1:53 pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 6, 3:59 pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Frank wrote:

$50-60 for the Kozy Kollar seems a little pricey too.
I don't like the big hole either. *Also working in my main unfinished
attic is no picnic.

*I* wouldn't pay $50. *but if I was not inclined to do the job myself,
and a guy who I was paying $25-100 /hr wanted to use one & he was
going to guarantee no leaks for *say a year--- then I'd think it was a
bargain.

A year? What consolation is that when everything else on your roof has
a minimum of 20/30 years?

The thing is made for two types of people:
people that are afraid of heights
people that don't mind cutting corners

You can't fight water and win if you don't respect it. *It wants to
flow downhill, let it. *Don't put a dam in its way and expect water
not to get ****ed off.

Absolutely right. A thing is conventional because it works. Any
deviation is at your own risk. *Tom

Well said. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for a new expensive
widget when the existing solution is cheap and proven.