Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default OT tv speakers

Stuart Noble wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Stuart Noble wrote:
I can't believe there aren't tvs where the audio out is capable of
driving a pair of modest speakers. Would seem like the obvious
solution to the tinny audio problem
10 watts a channel is more than adequate for normal TV listening.
Remember audio is a non linear thing - to double the subjective
level requires an amp of about 4 times the power output.

If the set has outputs for external speakers, that's fine. But my
impression is the OP has only a line output - which will deliver
only milliwatts, and require an external amp of some sort.

I haven't got the tv yet but nothing in the spec tells me what sort of
line output it has.

Remind me what set it is, and I'll see if I can find any hidden clues in the
spec.
--
Cheers,
Roger