Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Russ Stanton Russ Stanton is offline

Default Jet 1442 belt

Do you use the Nova for Bowl turning and/or pen turning? If so how do you
like it for those tasks? Especially bowl turning?
If you pivot the head for outboard turning and then retrun to the normal
position does it come back exactly in line?
Russ
"LBledsoe" wrote in message
Bob Daun wrote:
I know that there are several 1442 users here and I am looking for some
advice. Mine seems to be slipping quite a bit even at low speed. I
think the belt may be worn/stretched. I have a new belt but I also know
that it is not the easiest job to change belts so I am looking for advice
on using a link belt instead of the v-belt. It appears that the v-belt
is actually about 3/8 inch in width and I know that it is possible to get
3/8" link belt material. Could anyone advise me of a good supplier for
the link belt and any tips about mounting it. In other words where
should the speed setting be set when the new belt is installed? Any
other information will be helpful.

Bob Daun

signature database 4474 (20091001) __________

http://www.eset.com

I have owned a Jet 1442 and a 1642. The belts are not hard to change, just
follow the instructions in the manual. Both units required belt changes. I
never had a slippage problem but flat spots on the belts caused excessive
vibration. I didn't realize how much vibration those lathes had until I
got a belt less unit. The Nova DVR XP...BIG DIFFERENCE

LB