Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT tv speakers

In article ,
Stuart Noble wrote:
I'm basically quite happy with the sound from my CRT set but the output
isn't specified in the manual. I'm more interested in hearing what
people say in American movies than music reproduction, "The Wire" being
a prime example.
Am I right in thinking that a pair of amplified speakers could be set to
a mid range volume and the tv remote used to make fine adjustment? That
way I wouldn't need the extra remote.

They could but are likely poor value compared to passive types.

I'm still not clear whether the audio out would drive, say, a pair of 10
watt passive speakers and, if so, would they be any improvement over the
2 x 10w built in speakers.

10 watts will drive most speakers to a more than adequate level for
ordinary TV listening. And pretty well any half decent speakers at say
80-100 quid will knock spots off the internal ones.

--
*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.