Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT tv speakers

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 00:10:51 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

IMHO no TV ever made has speakers which do justice to the transmitted
sound.

Oh I donno my 1985 vintage Panasonic Prism A1 had pretty good sound.
Being at 26" 4:3 there is loads of room in the box for proper
enclosed speaker cabinets. IIRC there is a 1" tweeter and 4 or 5"
main driver. Fair bit of umph (for a telly) available as well 25W
RMS? This set was bought on the basis of having good sound mind.

Pity it's stopped wanting to play, I suspect a diode in the PSU. At
least there is a large diode with a brown coat and scorched PCB...

I've not listened in anger to modern sets other than the cheap stuff
you find in hotels and they really are dire. 3" speaker mounted
directly on the flexible and rattley external cabinet and no rear
enclosure.

--
Cheers
Dave.