Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default electronic thermostat installation

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

I want to replace my existing baseboard heater thermostat. I have new
one (Honeywell RLV 450) but it only has two wires for connections and
the old one has 4 wire hookup. What wires are used (there are two red
and two black wires)?

*You can use a single pole thermostat for a two pole installation on a
baseboard heater. I prefer not to do it that way for safety reasons.
When the thermostat is off one leg on the heater will always have juice on
it.

What you need to do is splice one hot leg and one load wire together.
Than just follow the instructions for line and load on the new thermostat.