Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT tv speakers

Stuart Noble formulated the question :
Anyone got any opinions about the sound quality of built in speakers on a 26"
lcd tv? 2 x 10 watts seems to be the norm. Is it significantly worse than a
CRT? If so, is there any way to run external speakers that can be controlled
with the tv remote? TIA

Sound from modern flat screen TV's is dire, in part due to them having
no side depth and the box being not much bigger than the screen size.

If the set has outputs for external speakers, then buy some. Failing
that, feed the L+R low level outputs to a stereo system. Even better
would be even a cheap Home Cinema system. Mine includes a DVD + radio.
I do though find on live studio feeds that I can hear noises from
outside the studios, like passing cars with their stereos on full
blast.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)