Posted to alt.home.repair
John H. Holliday[_2_] John H. Holliday[_2_] is offline

Default electronic thermostat installation

"pepper" wrote in message
hi

I want to replace my existing baseboard heater thermostat. I have new
one (Honeywell RLV 450) but it only has two wires for connections and
the old one has 4 wire hookup. What wires are used (there are two red
and two black wires)?

Pepper

Do ya' think maybe it's a good idea for starters to at least buy the right
class of thermostat--- instead of trying to force-fit the wrong one? Your
first clue is the number of connectors is wrong...