Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default My Recent Project...

Larry Blanchard wrote:
w oodworking/turning/carving seems to one of the few hobby areas that

are
bucking the trend. Anyone built their own computer anymore? I doubt
it :-).

I build my own computers because that's the only way to get what I want
(mostly quiet!), and I'd like a solid-state hard drive (SSD) on my next one.

Although I mainly did it in high-school, I can make my own fishing
flies. During the last two years, I have been learning to play and
listen to the fiddle (old time). Admittedly, I'm spending more and more
time on learning woodworking.

It occurred to me yesterday that with the 15 pipe-clamps Mr. Hodgett
talked me into buying (he's a year older than I am) that I should be
able to make my own headboard and footboard for my bed (besides a
coffee-table and a router table and at least one workbench)!

So, I'm doing what I can to "buck the trend"--having a good time too!
Wish you all the same!

By the way, interestingly, it seems WoodCraft and Rockler are doing
anything but trying to "buck the trend"!

Bill