Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default OT tv speakers

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
m...
Anyone got any opinions about the sound quality of built in speakers on a
26" lcd tv? 2 x 10 watts seems to be the norm. Is it significantly worse
than a CRT? If so, is there any way to run external speakers that can be
controlled with the tv remote? TIA

Our main TV source is the freeview box/PVR, which sends the sound to the
main stereo. Volume can be controlled either via the freeview box or the
main amp. Beats any internal TV speakers by miles. I think I can do the same
with the DVD player, though don't try that nearly so often.

I realise that doesn't answer your question exactly, but thought it may give
you different ideas :-)